All the papers below can be found by going to the archives of the Journal of the British Interplanetary Society and searching on author “Ashworth”
- “From Earth-Orbit Space Colonies to Deep-Space and Interstellar Habitats and Worldships: Solving the Economics”, JBIS, vol.73 no.10 (October 2020), p.382-384.
- “Cycler Links Between Earth and the Gas Giant Planets, 2: Station Design Concepts”, JBIS, vol.73 no.10 (October 2020), p.363-371.
- “Cycler Links Between Earth and the Gas Giant Planets, 1: Trajectories”, JBIS, vol.73 no.4 (April 2020), p.142-152.
- “Scenario Block Diagram Analysis of the Galactic Evolution of Life”, JBIS, vol.71 no.6 (June 2018), p.212-215.
- “An Earth-Moon-Mars Passenger Transport Pyramid”, JBIS, vol.71 no.5 (May 2018), p.165-177.
- “Quantifying the Assumptions Behind the METI Debate”, JBIS, vol.69 no.12 (December 2016), p.419-428.
- “Staggered Launch Sequences for Fleets of Interstellar Worldships”, JBIS, vol.69 no.9/10 (September/October 2016), p.326-330.
- “The Bottleneck Effect on Interplanetary and Interstellar Growth over the Coming Millennium”, JBIS, vol.69 no.1 (January 2016), p.20-26.
- “The Starship Philosophy: Its Heritage and Competitors”, JBIS, vol.67 no.11/12 (Nov./Dec. 2014), p.447-459.
- “A Parameter Space as an Improved Tool for Investigating Extraterrestrial Intelligence”, JBIS, vol.67 no.6 (June 2014), p.224-231.
- “The Long-Term Growth Prospects for Planetary and Space Colonies”, JBIS, vol.65 no.6 (June 2012), p.200-217.
- “The Emergence of the Worldship (II): A Development Scenario”, JBIS, vol.65 no.4/5 (April/May 2012), p.155-175.
- “The Emergence of the Worldship (I): The Shift from Planet-Based to Space-Based Civilisation”, JBIS (Journal of the British Interplanetary Society), vol.65 no.4/5 (April/May 2012), p.140-154.
- Correspondence concerning the paper by James Schwartz, “Worldship Ethics: Obligations to the Crew”, JBIS, vol.71 no.10 (October 2018), p.358-359, with response by James Schwartz on p.359-360.
- Correspondence concerning the paper by Mark Hempsell, “Skyfarm: Feeding a Large Space Population”, JBIS, vol.70 no.7 (July 2017), p.256-257, with response by Mark Hempsell on p.257-259.
- “The Kennedy Wait Calculation Reconsidered”, JBIS, vol.70 no.1 (January 2017), p.36-38, with response by Andrew Kennedy on p.38-39.
- “Von Neumann Probes, Errors and the Absence of Evidence for Extraterrestrial Civilisations”, JBIS, vol.69 no.4 (April 2016), p.148-150, with response by Axel Kowald on p.150-152.
- “Embryo Space Colonization: A Reconsideration”, JBIS, vol.67 no.3 (March 2014), p.127-128.
- “Comments on ‘First Interstellar Missions, Considering Energy and Incessant Obsolescence’ by Marc Millis, JBIS, 63, pp.434-443, 2010”, JBIS, vol.64 no.9/10 (Sept./Oct. 2011), p.341-342, with response by Marc Millis on p.343.
- “On Mars as it is on Earth – preparing for settlement”, Room, Spring 2021 (27), p.86-91.
- A response to Dr Geoffrey Briggs (on p.32) in “Earth first or on to Mars?”, Spaceflight, vol.63 no.2 (February 2021), p.33.
- “Ein neues Zeitalter der Aufklärung? Eine kulturphilosophisch-theologische Betrachtung für Marskolonialisten”, Raumfahrt Concret, Heft 111 (2020), p.40-44 (Deutsche Bearbeitung: Jacqueline Myrrhe).
- “Above & beyond” (report on the second Foundations of Interstellar Studies Workshop, June 2019), Spaceflight, vol.61 no.9 (September 2019), p.40-42.
- “A new age of Enlightenment [on Mars?]”, Spaceflight, vol.60 no.12 (December 2018), p.26-33.
- “Evaluating Mars Programme Designs”, Spaceflight, vol.59 no.9 (September 2017), p.336-342.
- “Aridopolis: Project for a Sustainable Earth/Mars Desert Settlement”, Principium: The Newsletter of the Initiative for Interstellar Studies, issue 18 (August 2017), p.4-11.
- “Elon Musk and Mars – looking for a snowball effect”, Room, #4 (10) Winter 2017, p.10-15.
- “Von der Raumstation zum Mond und dem Mars”, Raumfahrt Concret, Heft 92 (2016), p.29-31 (Deutsche Bearbeitung: Silvia Mutterer).
- “Settlement of Mars: is it possible?”, Spaceflight, vol.58 no.4 (April 2016), p.136-137.
- “From Space Station to the Moon and Mars”, Spaceflight, vol.57 no.11 (November 2015), p.432-433.
- “Zu den Sternenräumen – Interstellare Raumfahrt von Übermorgen”, Raumfahrt Concret, Heft 84/85 (4/5/2014), p.18-21.
- “The future of space flight: the case for growth”, Spaceflight, vol.55 no.9 (September 2013), p.351.
- “Opening the final frontier”, Spaceflight, vol.55 no.2 (February 2013), p.57-59.
- “America needs strategy for space settlement”, Spaceflight, vol.53 no.8 (August 2011), p.295.
- “Strategic role of asteroid mining”, Spaceflight, vol.53 no.4 (April 2011), p.137-138.
- “The Moon – an important place in human affairs”, Spaceflight, vol.53 no.2 (February 2011), p.46.
- “Battle between old and new: Time for commercial development – or back to the Moon?”, Spaceflight, vol.52 no.7 (July 2010), p.252-256.
- “Projekt Ikarus – Sohn des Dädalus”, translated by Jacqueline Myrrhe, Raumfahrt Concret, Heft 64/65 (4/5/2010), p.36-39.
- “Project Icarus – son of Daedalus: BIS symposium report”, Spaceflight, vol.51 no.12 (December 2009), p.454-455.
- “Lost promise of the Space Shuttle: The quest for more efficient access to space”, Spaceflight, vol.51 no.9 (September 2009), p.330-334.
- “Can space save planet Earth? BIS symposium report”, Spaceflight, vol.51 no.6 (June 2009), p.236-237.
- “A visionary British engineer: Reaction Engines’ chief talks to Spaceflight”, Spaceflight, vol.50 no.11 (November 2008), p.420-424.
- “Space for the mass market: BIS conference – European developments in space tourism”, Spaceflight, vol.49 no.3 (March 2007), p.92-95.
- “A growth-oriented UK space strategy: Leading the way to a profitable future”, Spaceflight, vol.49 no.1 (January 2007), p.20-23.
- “Space tourism: The key to low-cost access to space”, Spaceflight, vol.48 no.6 (June 2006), p.212-215.
- “Europe’s Martian dream: ESA’s first design study for sending astronauts to Mars”, Spaceflight, vol.48 no.4 (April 2006), p.136-139.
- “Space: Philosophy of the Future”, Spaceflight, vol.37 no.12 (December 1995), p.426.